Driver charged in Oshawa crash that injured 4

An Oshawa man is now charged in a serious car crash earlier this year that left a city-block-sized debris field. The March 20 collision left four people hospitalized, three with serious injuries. According to Durham Regional Police, a 46-year-old man driving a white Dodge Challenger was speeding at more than 150 km/h along Olive Ave. when he ran a red light and hit a blue Dodge pickup truck carrying three 17-year-olds.

The Dodge was hit hard enough that it ended up colliding with a car parked on a property nearby. That parked car then hit a house.

The force of the initial collision created a debris field covering a city block, Durham police said at the time. The force of the collision also dislodged the engine block from the pickup truck. The Challenger driver was taken to hospital in serious but stable condition via air ambulance. The teen driver of the pickup and his male passenger also sustained serious injuries.

The third teen, a girl, escaped with minor injuries. Everyone has since been released from hospital. Investigators have already said alcohol and distracted driving were not factors in the collision. The Challenger driver, Edward Meulemeester, surrendered to police on Friday and is charged with three counts of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm, and driving without insurance.

He has been released on a conditional undertaking.

Chris Tanouye (@ChrisTanouye) March 21, 2016[4]

References

  1. ^

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *