Truck driver tests positive after freeway run-off near Wangaratta

Hume Freeway lanes closed for two hours near Wangaratta as B-double recovered

Truck driver tests positive after freeway run-off

?

exit

A TRUCK driver who ran his B-double off the Hume Freeway north of Wangaratta on Saturday later failed a drug test. Sergeant Michael Connors, of Wangaratta Highway Patrol, said the 39 year-old driver from Yass had been released pending further inquiries. “The driver tested positive to an illicit substance and there will be other charges pending in relation to his driving,” he said.

Sergeant Connors said the B-double was travelling north about 7am when the driver ran off the road. “He’s gone into the centre median where he’s hit a small tree and the vehicle’s come to rest,” he said.
No other vehicles were involved and nobody was injured.

Southbound lanes of the freeway had to be closed for two hours while the truck was recovered, with traffic detours in place.

The freeway reopened at 11am.

Anybody who saw the B-double travelling on the Hume Freeway before the incident should contact Wangaratta Highway Patrol on (03) 5723 0888.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *