• Uncategorised

A12 lorry crash: Police say work is being carried out to check for other fatalities after smash

Comments (0)[1]

Essex Police has said the trailer of the lorry involved in a fatal crash earlier this week, is being searched to check there are no other fatalities. One lane[2] of the A12 southbound has now been reopened following the horror smash, that happened on Wednesday (February 8) afternoon. The driver of a lorry, a man aged in his 30s and from Witham[3], died after his vehicle left Coleman’s Bridge and landed on the A12 near junction 22 at Witham, where it caught fire.

Emergency services have been working around the clock to recover the vehicle and the trailer, and the southbound carriageway was closed for most of yesterday. READ MORE: A12 lorry crash: One lane still closed as recovery work continues[4] The lorry was carrying a large industrial sized battery that needed to be made safe.

As there was extensive damage to the vehicle, work is also being carried out to ensure that there have been no other casualties as a result of the collision. The trailer has been forensically recovered by the multi-agency response team and is being searched to ensure that there are no other fatalities. A spokeswoman for the police said: “Essex Police[5] and its other emergency response partners would like to thank the public for their patience whilst this vital work takes place.

“The road will be fully re-opened as soon as possible.”

References

  1. ^ Comments (0) (www.essexlive.news)
  2. ^ One lane (www.essexlive.news)
  3. ^ Witham (www.essexlive.news)
  4. ^ A12 lorry crash: One lane still closed as recovery work continues (www.essexlive.news)
  5. ^ Essex Police (www.essexlive.news)

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.