Firefighters tackle fire on busy road after electric fault sparks flames

Firefighters were called to a busy road after an electrical fault started a fire in a pickup truck. Crews from Crewe and Sandbach were called to Old Mill Road, in Sandbach, shortly before 7am yesterday (October 21). They spent 20 minutes on the scene tackling the blaze.

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "Shortly before 7am firefighters were called to a report of a fire involving a pickup truck's trailer on Old Mill Road, Sandbach. "On arrival crews found the engine bay smouldering. "Firefighters used a hose reel jet to cool down the engine and make it safe.

"They monitored temperatures with a thermal imaging camera and were in attendance for less than 20 minutes. "The small fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault."

Read More

Top stories on StokeonTrentLive

Our new FREE WhatsApp service for you!

StokeonTrentLive has launched a WhatsApp service dedicated to keeping you up to date with the news! Click here to join and follow the instructions on your phone. Your number won't be shared with anyone else in the group.

If you want more information on signing up, or if this link doesn't work, click here .

You may also like...