Poling HGV Driver
Poling HGV Driver
- Salary: Competitive, OTE + benefits
- Type: Full Time
- Region: UK – South East
- Town/City: Basingstoke, Hampshire
- Posted: 17/09/2020
- Reference: 202565_1600355019
Job Title: Poling HGV Drivers
Location: Basingstoke – working in Hampshire and Berkshire including IOW
Salary: Up to GBP50,000 O.T.E
Business Area: Utilities – Telecoms
Join Kier, connect to your future.
At Kier we connect and create spaces and places. Being part of Kier connects you to strategically important projects and contracts, where your skills and expertise will be utilised to positively impact people, communities and the environment for generations.
Kier Utilities keep our telecoms clients’ customers connected to superfast broadband, digital TV and the latest full-fibre gigabit internet services through the design and construction of new fibre networks as well as the maintenance of existing HFC networks.
With our new growth and ambition to be industry leaders, we are looking for talented, professional and customer centric people to join our team! Working on the BT ONSA contract in Hampshire and Berkshire including the IOW. You will be building/maintaining the BT Openreach Network, replacing, planting, dressing and maintaining poles for the Overhead Network.
What we need from you:
- Willing and able to travel around Hampshire and Berkshire including the IOW as required.
- Poling wagon and HIAB experience.
- Full Class C Driver’s License (each crew will require a minimum of one CE licence to drive a poling wagon)
- HIAB Qualification – ALLMI or ITSSA
- `Risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on Health and Safety practises
You can expect a competitive salary and a strong benefits package that includes:
- Kier Retirement Savings Plan
- Payroll Giving schemes
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing
It’s worth remembering that we’ll undertake the relevant/standard employment checks if you’re successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Make the journey.
Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted and Focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.