Sheffield news LIVE: Witnesses sought after armed raid

Last updated: Sunday, 29 November, 2020, 15:54

  • Appeal after woman goes missing from Rotherham care home
  • Police seek witnsses after armed raid
  • Yorkshire Wildlife Park to appear on TV tonight
  • Missing man found ‘safe and well’
  • Councillors speak out after woman is raped in Sheffield park
  • Buses diverted due to unannounced roadworks
  • Foreign secretary refuses to rule out ‘third’ national lockdown
  • South Yorkshire Police probe into baby death continues
  • Repeated vandalism impacts bus service

Show new updates

Concerns grow for welfare of missing woman

Rebecca Snellgrove, 42 was last seen at her care home last night, November 28, in Kimberworth, Rotherham.  Rebecca would not normally stay out overnight and officers are becoming increasingly concerned for her safety.She has brown curly hair which is tinted slightly purple and she wears glasses. She was wearing a light grey coat with a yellow scarf, black jeans and dark blue boots and could possibly be carrying a bag.

Have you seen Rebecca? Do you know where she could be? Anyone with information is asked to call the police on 101 and quote incident number 31 of November 29.

Witnesses and dashcam footage sought after armed raiders invade home

Two men armed with a gun and baseball bat burst into a house on Fox Hill Road, Hillsborough, in the early hours of yesterday demanding cannabis and cash from the occupants while a third man, also armed with a bat, stood guard outside

Eniko Balagova, aged 21, was getting ready for work when two men burst into the home she shares with her partner Peter Lakatos, also 21. She said she feared they would both be killed, leaving their daughter Emma orphaned

Keith Lemon and Chris Kamara visit Yorkshire Wildlife Park

Missing man found ‘safe and well’

Police in Barnsley discover 40 cannabis grows in recent months

“Even the slighest bit of information” could help in investigation into park rape

A 21-year-old woman was targeted as she walked through High Hazels Park, Darnall, at around 6pm on Monday, November 23.

Sheffield news LIVE: Witnesses sought after armed raidHigh Hazels Park, Darnall, Sheffield

Four men – two described as Eastern European and two as Asian – were involved in the attack.

Change to bus services in Southey

First South Yorksire said that, due to unannounced roadworks on Moonshine Lane roundabout, the 20 and 83 bus services will be diverted today via Southey Green road and Crowder Avenue, Crowder road and Longey lane in both directions.  Service 18 will be diverted via Longley Avenue West, Norwood Avenue and Longley Lane in both Directions

Culprits of house raid thought to have mistakenly broken into the wrong home

The couple’s one-year-old daughter was also in the home when the raiders struck.

Eniko, a warehouse worker, had a gun pointed at her head and Peter, a fork-lift truck driver, was left bleeding after being repeatedly hit with a baseball attack. Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and quote incident 127 of November 28.

Risk of third spike in Covid-19 numbers “if we don’t get the balance right”

Dominic Raab has refused to rule out a third national lockdown if there is another wave of the coronavirus pandemic in the new year. The Foreign Secretary told BBC One’s The Andrew Marr Show there was a “risk” of a third spike in case numbers “if we don’t get the balance right”.

He said: “But so far the R level is coming down – that’s really important – and that’s why we’re starting with the tiered approach.” But asked whether there would be another national lockdown if people fail to comply with the rules, Mr Raab said: “We’re doing everything we can to avoid that.”

Detectives continue to investigate death of nine-week old

The baby boy suffered a cardiac arrest in a house in Great Houghton on Friday, November 30, 2018, and died in hospital on Monday, December 3. South Yorkshire Police has described the death of the nine-week-old as ‘tragic and complex’.

A team of officers continues to work on the case ‘to piece together everything we know about what happened in the lead up to the devastating loss of this baby’.

Bus provider alters service to protect drivers and passengers

First South Yorkshire said its 51 service has been changed as buses have been repeatedly attacked near to East Bank Medical Centre, Arbourthorne. The bus company said: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused but this action has been take to safeguard our drivers and passengers. The changes will be in place until December 7. 

Page 1 of 1

You may also like...