Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire planning applications for week ending April 6
Various planning applications have been submitted to Cambridge city and South Cambridgeshire district councils this week. The list of received applications can be found below.
- Horse Chestnut (198) fell and stump grind. This is due to proximity to building, tree is not in the greatest of health, clearly very stressed and possibly diseased.
Doesn’t have the best amenity value and is also close to younger Tulip Tree, that can replace it as mature tree specimen in location. Tree has previously been reduced in size and shows no real regrowth. To be replaced with two new trees located further away from the building 1x Horse Chestnut and 1x Sweet Chestnut.
Selwyn College Grange Road Cambridge CB3 9DQ
- Cypress (T1)- fell. Poor shape after previous crown removal, desiccation of all surrounding ground and disruption of broadleaf aesthetic. Juniper (T2)- fell.
Poor shape after previous crown removal and disruption of broadleaf aesthetic. Yew (T3)- fell. Disruption of broadleaf aesthetic.
36 Kimberley Road Cambridge CB4 1HH
- 1 – second Maple from west end of row, crown reduce height down to 4m below previous reduction points. Reason – decay in main upright limbs – risk of failure.
2 – Third Maple from west end of row, Crown reduce height down to 4m below previous reduction points. Reasons – extensive hollowing in main stem.
Decay in main limbs.
3 – Fourth Maple from west end row, Crown reduce to form pollard at 5-6m high, just above primary forks, reduce spread of lateral branches above adjacent garden by 4m to form structure for new growth. Reason – deadwood and dieback in middle and upper crown, decayed areas in multiple major limbs.
8 Templemore Close Cambridge CB1 7TH
- Robinia, crown reduce height and spread on all sides by 3m by removal of longest re-growths back to previous pruning points, remove deadwood throughout crown. Recommendation by structural engineer to main tree as cyclically pruned system established previously.
34 Magrath Avenue Cambridge CB4 3AH
- Bay – fell 34 Glisson Road Cambridge CB1 2HF
- Non material amendment of planning permission 20/04309/S73 to extend the combined lounge, kitchen dining room by approx 1.5M, remove some windows and make size changes to others and change one window for a door and change one door for a window.
130 Rampton Road Willingham CB24 5JF
- Holly in rear garden – reduce height by 3-4m and prune by up to 1m laterally.
312 High Street Cottenham CB24 8TX
- Yew hedge, cut back to clear roof and fence of adjacent building, reduce height down to 0.5m above top of adjacent roof, trim back on garden side. Mulberry, reduce on garden side by up to 2m, reduce height by 1.5m and shape round. The Vicarage 1 Grantchester Road Trumpington Cambridge CB2 9LH
- S74B to vary condition 3 of permission 17/1799/FUL (Demolition and Construction Environment Plan) to change the construction hours to allow an additional hour in the morning Monday to Friday to allow start at 0700 hours, allow operatives to arrive on site before 0700 to aid social distancing and provide start at 0700 hours, an additional two hours in the evening Monday to Friday from 1800 hours to 2000 hours, an additional six hours from 1300 hours to 1900 hours on Saturday for a temporary period from 01.04.2021 to 30.09.2021 Land West Of JJ Thomson Avenue West Cambridge Site Madingley Road Cambridge CB3 0FA
- TPO 0018 (1980) A1: T8 THUJA (in neighbours) Raise crown No.
4 side to 3.5ms by removal of lower 3 limbs back to boundary. T10 PLUM (in neighbours) Reduce laterals by approximately 1 to 1.5ms over No.
4 garden back to boundary. T1 YEW Reduce height by 2ms and laterals by 2ms (SUMMER PRUNING).
T2 YEW Reduce laterals back to clear adj Pine by 1 to 1ms. T3 YEW Prune back from drive by 1m; remove secondary stem and sucker growth, including small Holy; prune back from lawn by 1.5ms and raise crown lawn side to 3ms. T4, T5 & T6 3xYEWS Reduce laterals over lawn by up to 2ms.
T7 HOLLY PORTUGEUSE LAUREL Raise crown to 2.5ms; Reduce height by approximately 1.5ms and cut back over lawn by 1m. T8a YEW Reduce lateral limbs over garden and pond by up to 2ms and up to 4ms. T9 1xHAZEL Repollard equating to reduction of regrowth of approximately 3ms.
T11 LABURNUM Top and fell to ground level. T12 HORSE CHESTNUT Based on aerial inspection cavity SOUTH at 10ms extends into decaying wood 5 and 12 up and down stem; cavity NORTH at 7ms extends in 6 and up 3ft. Recommend reduce height by 5ms; reduce dog leg lateral limb by 2ms to alleviate end weight on weakened decay areas and lessen wind forces.
T13 CHERRY Top and fell to ground level. T14 HORSE CHESTNUT Previously wind damaged; has been pruned back by estate management company by 3ms to address neighbours concerns of canopy overhang; this was consented by SCDC. Further reduction requested which can be achieved by reducing back to growth point on bifurcated limb by 2 to 2.5ms. (Work proposals to provide clearance to adjacent buildings and trees, to lessen overhang to garden areas and garden re design in the case of tree removal T11.) New Road Melbourn SG8 6BX
- T1 HORSE CHESTNUT IN 1 WILLOW CRESCENT, MILTON overhanging 33 High Street, Milton ~ reduce regrowth from previous canopy reduction to lessen overhang, equating to 1 to 1.5ms back to boundary line and up to height of approximately 18ms to reduce excessive leaf debris causing blockage of gutterings, down pipe and chimney stacks to 33, 29 and 27 High Street, Milton.
1 Willow Crescent Milton Cambridgeshire CB24 6BY
- S74B to vary condition 9 of planning permission 15/1522/FUL (Demolition of Daedalus House and construction of a new 7 storey office building comprising of 9026 sqm (GEA) of office floorspace (class B1); cycle parking spaces; associated plant; hard and soft landscaping; a basement with 51 car parking spaces and 7 motorcycle bays; infrastructure works.) to change the permitted construction hours to 07:15-19:00 Monday to Friday and 07:00-17:00 on Saturdays for a temporary period of 31.03.2021 to 30.09.2021. Daedalus House 30 Station Road Cambridge Cambridgeshire CB1 2RE
- Screening opinion for the proposed development comprises the retention of the former NIAB Headquarters building (with consent for 68 dwellings), the demolition of all other buildings and structures, and the erection of buildings with basements for 290 Build to Rent units (Use Class C3) and a 201 bed Apart-Hotel (Sui Generis) with associated facilities. NIAB Darwin Green 1 Development Huntingdon Road Cambridge Cambridgeshire
- S74B application to vary condition 9 (Construction hours) of permission 20/02564/S73 (Section 73 application to vary condition 2 (approved plans) and to amend the wording of conditions 15, 26, 27 and 29 to read ‘prior to the commencement of the development hereby approved, with the exception of below ground works’ pursuant to planning permission 15/0864/FUL (Demolition of Leda House and construction of a new 6 storey office building comprising 7421sq.m (GEA) of office floorspace (Class B1); 254 cycle parking spaces; associated plant; hard and soft landscaping; a basement with 40 car parking spaces and 5 motorcycle bays; infrastructure works including basement car park ramp (Scheme B) to permit improved fire escape provision, enhanced cycle facilities and revised elevational treatment) to change construction hours to 07:15 hours to 19:00 hours Monday to Friday and 07:00 hours to 17:00 hours on Saturdays working for a temporary period of 31/03/2021 to 30/09/2021 Leda House 20 Station Road Cambridge Cambridgeshire CB1 2JD
- 1 Lime – repollard tree to manage height and size because of excessive shading and managing aggressive growth.
Repollarding will be in keeping with and in line with previous work. The height of the tree is currently 15m and 7m is to be removed.
9 Carlyle Road Cambridge Cambridgeshire CB4 3DN
- T1 YEW ~ reduce height by 2.5 to 3ms and reduce lateral growth all round by up to 2ms to shape and balance.
87 Rooks Street Cottenham CB24 8QZ
- S74B to vary condition 6 of permission 17/1896/FUL (criterion c) of the Demolition and Construction Environment Plan to allow an additional hour in the morning Monday to Friday to allow start at 0700 hours, allow operatives to arrive on site before 0700 to aid social distancing and provide start at 0700 hours, an additional two hours in the evening Monday to Friday from 1800 hours to 2000 hours, an additional six hours from 1300 hours to 1900 hours on Saturday for a temporary period from 01.04.2021 to 30.09.2021. Land To The West Of JJ Thomson Avenue And To The North Of University Residences West Cambridge Site Madingley Road Cambridge
- Non material amendment of planning permission 20/01180/REM for the addition of one window, enlargement of one set of sliding doors, addition of parapet to garage (to obscure pv panels), addition of pv panels on roof and minor internal alterations and minor adjustments to window locations.
Land West Of Casa D Foseta St Neots Road Caldecote Cambridgeshire
- Remove Cedar Tree Reduce Crown of Yew Tree by 2 metres to clear building. The Cedar tree is getting too big for the garden and becoming a nuisance with branches breaking off and pine needles densely covering the lawn and killing the grass, fouling the washing line and blocking up the gutters and affecting the neighbour at No.42 Both Nos 48 and 42 High Street are in the shade of the tree and would benefit from sunlight gained by the removal of the Cedar Retaining the Yew will still give the garden some structure Foundations and drains are shallow and could be damaged by the Cedar tree roots if allowed to spread. Tree In Rear Garden Of 48 Behind 46 High Street Swavesey Cambridge Cambridgeshire CB24 4QU
- Silver birch – remove.
9 Aberdeen Square Cambridge CB2 8BZ
- Cherry Blossom Tree – Fell.
5 Fairsford Place Cambridge CB1 2QS
- T1: Walnut – Remove low limbs over playground of 5 Shaftesbury Road and reduce crown by 3-4m. Lutheran Church 4 Shaftesbury Road Cambridge CB2 8BW
- T1: Walnut tree – Reduce height of tree by 5 metres. T2: Silver birch – Reduce height of tree by 2 metres.
23 Cavendish Avenue Cambridge CB1 7UP
- T36: Western Red Cedar – Remove and replace with a different species.
12 Luard Road Cambridge CB2 8PJ
- (G1) 7x Leylandii reduce in height to previous reduction points by removing 4 meters to maintain these trees in their current location.
26 St Johns Street Duxford CB22 4RA
- TPO 0001 (1999) T1: Walnut (T1) – crown reduction by 3m from height and 1.5m from sides. This tree has previously been topped+lopped but now needs a reduction of the regrowth due to its proximity to the house. There is also a very large cavity at its base where a secondary stem was removed.
The cavity has standing water at ground level, extends into the tree by 500mm and up the truck by more than 600mm.
6 Lacks Yard Willingham CB24 5HX
- T.1 – Ash – fell to ground level due to excessive shading in garden and low amenity value. T.2 – Laburnum – fell to ground level due to excessive shading in garden and low amenity value.
15 Mill Street Gamlingay Sandy Cambridgeshire SG19 3JW
- T.1 Eucalyptus – Crown reduce by 2M to re shape tree.
62 High Street Melbourn SG8 6AJ
- T1 -Sycamore Tree – remove three branches to allow light to pass through whilst retaining screen. T2 – Sycamore Tree – remove three branches to allow light to pass through whilst retaining screen.
T3 – Sycamore Tree – remove three branches to allow light to pass through whilst retaining screen. T4 – Ash Tree – remove three branches to allow light to pass through whilst retaining screen. T5 – Sycamore – reduce height and spread to previous pruning points by approximately six metres.
Due to excessive shading to the garden. T6 – Ash Tree – Fell to ground level. Tree has extensive decay throughout, unsafe to remain.
I can confirm T1 – T4 are not in the neighbouring property and house 28-30 have ownership.
28-30 Ermine Street South Papworth Everard CB23 3QA
- Ash (T1) – crown raise to 5m Prunus (T2) – fell. The tree is decayed. The main trunk is only 5ft tall with only one remaining scaffold branch.
Cotoneaster (T3) – crown reduce to 1m.
25 Church Street Little Shelford CB22 5HG
- TPO 0007 (1981) G3: T12 Horse Chestnut to reduce single leader to low northern lateral branch below decay and remove minor dead wood (due to large open wound with internal decay on northern co-dominant leader at 10 metres, also see illustrative photograph in tree report). Abberley House Abberley Wood Great Shelford CB22 5EZ
- T1 PURPLE LEAF PLUM ~ reprune, equating to overall reduction of 2ms regrowth; T2 SILVER BIRCH ~ tip end reduce multiple regrowth leaders by 2 to 3ms and laterals by 1.5 to 2ms to rebalance crown; T3 WALNUT ~ raise crown to 3ms gardenside and tip end reduce remaining crown by 1 to 1.5ms to rebalance.
28 Church Street Willingham CB24 5HT
- T 1 – Sycamore – Fell to ground level. Reason – Hollow trunk supporting one remaining suspect limb.
Leaning over the Church wall, footpath and road. St Andrews Parish Church Station Road Swavesey CB24 4QJ
- T1 – Ash – This tree is in good health. It is however becoming to large for its location.
The neighbors have repeatedly asked for the tree to be reduced as they are concerned about the tree in high winds. The tree is causing excessive shade and becoming very dominant. Recommend removal of Rose and a sympathetic 1.5m crown reduction to growth points where possible.
This will improve light and reduce sail. T2 – Prunus – Recommend a 2m reduction in height to growth points to improve light and reduce dominance. T3 – Prunus – Sympathetic crown reduction of 0.5m to growth points.
6 Newton Road Little Shelford CB22 5HL
- T1- Beech – This tree has become to dominant and over extended. It is causing problems with the neighbors and is excessive shading. Recomend a 2.5m crown reduction to suitable growth points.
T2 – Beech – This tree has become to dominant and over extended. It is causing problems with the neighbors and is excessive shading. Recomend a 2.5m crown reduction to suitable growth points.
T3 – Beech – This tree has become to dominant and over extended. It is causing problems with the neighbors and is excessive shading. Recomend a 2.5m crown reduction to suitable growth points.
T4 – Beech – This tree has become to dominant and over extended. It is causing problems with the neighbors and is excessive shading. Recomend a 2.5m crown reduction to suitable growth points.
Medford Kings Mill Lane Great Shelford CB22 5EN
- Submission of details required by conditions 6 (1:20 South elevation), 6 (Boundary Treatment), 8 (Foul Water Drainage) and 9 (Surface Water Drainage) of planning permission S/3352/17/FL Land Rear Of 31 Burgess Road Waterbeach Cambridgeshire
- T1: Maple – Crown reduce by 1m all round and shape.
15 Babraham Road Cambridge Cambridgeshire CB2 0RB
- Replacement of existing garage. New garage is proposed to move approximately 2m further back from existing garage site to allow for car turning space and a new garden room.
50 Heydon Road Great And Little Chishill SG8 8SR
- Erection of 2 new dwellings to land rear of 95 Station Road, following demolition of existing garage and workshop buildings and including associated access and parking provision.
95 Station Road Impington CB24 9NP
- Replacement of existing garage. New garage is proposed to move approximately 2m further back from existing garage site to allow for car turning space.
Add a new wooden shed / garden room.
50 Heydon Road Great And Little Chishill Royston Cambridgeshire SG8 8SR
- Removal of brick boundary wall to the front and car port and construction of detached garage to front.
26 Hay Street Steeple Morden SG8 0PE
- Installation of an awning.
7 Derby Street Cambridge CB3 9JE
- Installation of PV solar panels on the south facing roof of our garage which sits behind the house.
The Old Exchange 3 Cheyney Street Steeple Morden Royston Cambridgeshire SG8 0LP
- Re-configuration of first floor partition walls and levelling out of floor boards, removal of dividing wall on the ground floor between the dining and living rooms, installation of support beam and posts to the ceiling.
20 Church Street Little Gransden SG19 3DU
- PAW Patrol Adventure Bay Bath Playset with Light-up Chase Vehicle, Bath Toy for...
SALE PRICE: £24.99 WALL-MOUNTED BATH TOY: With 2 suction cups, it’s easy to attach the Adventure Bay Bath Playset onto the bathtub’s tiles, so […]
- REFUN Toy Rocket Launcher for Kids with 6 Colorful Foam Rockets and Toy Air...
SALE PRICE: £20.99 【Upgraded Foam Rocket, Safe and Durable】This kid-friendly rocket launcher is made of high-quality EVA foam and plastic, EVA […]
- Galt Toys Science Lab Kit
RRP PRICE: £17.99SALE PRICE: £12.99YOU SAVE: £5.00 A young science kit to encourage early STEM learning and scientific thinking while having fun […]
- Take-Apart Construction Vehicles Excavators Truck Toy with Storage Box, 6 in 1...
SALE PRICE: £18.99 【DIY 6-in-1 truck】consists of an excavator, Drilling car， bulldozer, dumper ,cement truck,road roller,equipped with […]