M25 and A2 delays as lorry smashes through barrier and is left suspended over major road
A lorry that crashed through safety barriers has been left partially suspended above a major road. The HGV collided with the side of the M25 at Junction 2, where the motorway passes over the A2 near Dartford in Kent on Wednesday. Pictures showed part of the lorry’s trailer sticking out over the motorway as well as tyre marks on the road.
“Significant damage” has been caused and congestion stretched six miles approaching the Dartford Crossing, according to Highways England.
Video: ‘Drunk’ lorry driver gets vehicle stuck between two train lines (Newsflare)
‘Drunk’ lorry driver gets vehicle stuck between two train linesWhat to watch next
Click to expand
- Unassuming dental clinic is decorated like an extravagant golden CAVE on the inside An unassuming dental clinic is decorated like an extravagant golden cave on the inside in Thailand. The Plakai Thing Talu Miti Dental Clinic has colourful artificial trees in the lobby which leads to a cave-like interior painted in gold in Ubon Ratchathani province. A mini-waterfall leading to fountains around the clinic was also built inside so nervous patients would constantly hear the relaxing sound of flowing water.
The walls were painted with pictures of animals on a forest background as well as wall carvings depicting magnificent birds. A tall Buddha statue was also placed at the main hall of the clinic surrounded by light blue ceilings imitating the colours of the sky. To complete the nature experience animal noises were also played in the background drawing more younger patients to the unique clinic.
Dentist Mohul Sokphukhieo said today (April 7) the clinic’s design made to help him and his patients reconnect with nature even during working hours. He said: ‘I was inspired by my love of nature so I turned the entire room into a cave. We couldn’t make it too realistic as my younger patients could get scared. ‘It took me five years before I completed the idea and named it my interdimensional golden cave as I love gold very much. ‘Aside from the colour, caves are one of my favourite places.
When you are a dentist a calming environment is important. It helps patients to relax.’ The dentist added that his passion for nature started when he took up cultural dancing and singing before entering dentistry. He said: ‘I used to dance and sing traditional Thai arts before I became a dentist’s.
I think that was where I had the passion for nature from.’Newsflare
- Family let bees build giant nest in their bathroom ‘for good luck’ only to be attacked and stung A shocked family were dive-bombed and stung by furious bees after letting them build a giant nest in their bathroom. The family had let the bees build their colony ‘to bring good luck’ as they appeared to be gentle creatures when the nest was smaller in Saraburi province last year. As the bathroom was seldom used, the nest grew bigger over time and the family did not notice it had enclosed the huge drainage pipe on the ceiling.
When an elderly woman went to clean the bathroom, the furious insects chased her out. They then turned on her worried relatives who came to help her on April 4. Dum Uankham, 76, one of the women attacked and stung by the bees, said she was quite superstitious and believed that letting the bees share their bathroom would bring her luck.
She said: ‘I let them stay here because I thought they would bring me luck. When they attacked me, I could not do anything and called for help.’ The volunteers wore latex protective suits to keep them safe from bee stings before carefully cutting up the hive from the ceiling. When the nest was removed, the honey was given to the family which they shared among neighbours and thanked the team for their help.
The rescuers also checked the old woman’s bee stings but the bites were not serious and did not cause an allergic reaction.Newsflare
- Spectacular moment more than 100 wild elephants cross road in Thailand This is the spectacular moment more than 100 wild elephants emerged from the forest and crossed a road in Thailand. The jumbo herd had been travelling together to search for another area with enough food for their extended group in the Khao Ang Rue Nai Wildlife Sanctuary in Chachoengsao province on April 4. Park officials worried that the jumbos could be hurt as they constantly cross highways and mountain roads to reach the edge of the sanctuary so they followed where the herd movement.
District chief Thanakrit Chantajumrussin said they were watching over the jumbos to protect them from harm as they reached nearby villages and farms. He said: ‘We watch over them and even try to push them back to the forest whenever we can but they are such a big herd and we could only follow them for now. ‘The elephants usually come out of the sanctuary to find food in other areas especially when their sources have become scarce.’ He added that more volunteers have come forward to work with the officials as the hungry herd could attack people during possible encounters in farms or villages. However, the group had not had an incident of raiding crops of homes yet and were generally a calm herd searching for food.
Chief Thanakrit said: ‘Fortunately we have not seen them destroy anything in their path yet. The crops were also saved from the elephants after close cooperation with the locals.’ Elephants are the national animal of Thailand. An estimated 2,000 elephants are living in the wild and a similar number in captivity.
In the wild, they roam through the deep jungle and in the country’s protected national parks but often encounter humans on roads and in villages.
However, they are protected by laws and killing them carries a maximum prison term of up to three years and a fine of 1,000 baht (25GBP).Newsflare
Emergency services were called to the scene.
Parts of the M25 and A2 were closed while the incident was dealt with and drivers were asked to allow extra time for their journeys if travelling in the area or to consider alternative routes.
- Original Printer Ink for Canon Pixma MG 3200 Canon PG540/CL-541 5225B006 –...
SALE PRICE: £33.78YOU SAVE: £2.15 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. Original Ink suitable for Canon Pixma MG […]
- Brother LC-129XLBK Inkjet Cartridge, Black, Single Pack, Super High Yield,...
RRP PRICE: £25.20SALE PRICE: £22.98YOU SAVE: £2.22 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. LC129XLBK Prints 2400 pages in […]
- Amazon Basics Multipurpose Address Labels, 210.0mm x 297.0mm, 100 Sheets, 1...
SALE PRICE: £10.09YOU SAVE: £0.84 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. 210 x 297 mm, 1 label per sheet, 100 sheets per […]
- iCasso Extended Gaming Mouse Pad, Large 40X90 cm (35.4×15.75 in) XL Non-Slip...
SALE PRICE: £15.99YOU SAVE: £1.00 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. ✔【Large and Perfect Size.】The size of […]
- Amplicomms BigTel 1480 – Big Button Phone for Elderly with Answer Machine –...
RRP PRICE: £94.99SALE PRICE: £88.40YOU SAVE: £6.59 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. BIG BUTTONS – Memory buttons […]
- Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC – Smartphone 128GB, 6GB RAM, Dual Sim, Shadow Gray...
SALE PRICE: £199.80YOU SAVE: £8.20 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. Display: 6.67 “, 1080 x 2400 pixels […]
- AtailorBird Wrist Rest Set, Waterproof PU Leather Ergonomic Memory Foam Mouse...
SALE PRICE: £11.99YOU SAVE: £1.00 This fits your . by entering your model number. Soft & Breathable Material: Made of PU leather surface […]
- Dual-Sided Leather Desk Pad, Large Desk Office Laptop Computer Mouse Mat,...
SALE PRICE: £12.99YOU SAVE: £1.00 This fits your . by entering your model number. Double Sided Use: With a different colour each side, this […]
- Office Hippo Heavy Duty Wood Framed Stackable Meeting Chair with Arms,...
RRP PRICE: £120.00SALE PRICE: £108.01YOU SAVE: £11.99 About this item An elegant and robust wood framed stacking armchair suitable for reception […]
- Fancii LED Makeup Mirror with 3 Light Settings, Rechargeable Trifold Vanity...
RRP PRICE: £49.99SALE PRICE: £33.99YOU SAVE: £16.00 About this item Tru-Glow Light System – Choose from warm, neutral, and natural daylight. 3 […]