Men charged after county-wide ATM raids
Two men have been charged with conspiring to steal cash machines across the county. Anthony Pemberthy, 43, of Calder Road, Maidstone, and Stephen Davenport, 60, of the town’s Ashford Road, are alleged to have been responsible for six ATM thefts committed between November 2019 and March 2021.
The damage caused to the Esso garage in Staplehurst, after a JCB was used to rip away the cash machine
Diggers were used to cause considerable damage in each of the incidents, with large amounts of cash stolen. The Esso garage on Cranbrook Road, Staplehurst, was hit, with thieves ripping the cash machine from the building and placing it on the back of a light-coloured flatbed van.
Significant damage was caused to the station and pictures at the time showed the digger left abandoned in the forecourt.
The following year, at Morrisons on Coldharbour Road, Northfleet, a gang of four or five suspects used a JCB digger to attempt to break into the supermarket.
The suspects were thought to have left the scene empty-handed in two 4×4 vehicles and a flatbed truck.
Police cordon off the Esso garage in Staplehurst following a cash machine raid in January 2020 The raid at Morrisons on Coldharbour Road, Northfleet, in January last year
Pemberthy and Davenport were arrested on Monday (May 9) and have both been charged in connection with offences at the following locations:
- The Co-op on Cranbrook High Street, in November 2019
- An Esso petrol station on Cranbrook Road, Staplehurst, in January 2020
- A Tesco Extra on Honeywood Parkway, Whitfield, in March 2020
- Morrisons on Coldharbour Road, Northfleet, in January 2021
- A Tesco Express on Dymchurch High Street, in February 2021
- The Shell Lychgate garage on the A299 Thanet Way, near Dargate, in March 2021
Both defendants are due to appear at Medway Magistrates’ Court today (Wednesday, May 11).
- MOOER PE100 Guitar Effects
REGULAR PRICE: £64.00 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. Modelling: 7 Amps, 10 Overdrive/Distortion, 2 Auto Wah, 11 […]
- Ibanez GRX70QA-TBB GIO Series – Electric Guitar – Transparent Blue Burst...
REGULAR PRICE: £199.00 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. The GIO RG Range. GRX70QA is a 6 String Electric Guitar from […]