Holly Willoughby breaks social media silence after ‘queue jump’ row

Holly Willoughby has returned to social media to break her silence amid the ongoing 'queue jump' controversy. Holly,41, is a frequent social media user and routinely shares details of her outfits on Instagram. But since the queue jump row emerged, the This Morning star has opted to stay quiet on social media.

Now, she has returned to Instagram - with a sweet message to a pal. Holly posted about Lisa Snowdon winning Celebrity Masterchef on BBC One last night. Holly wrote: " Congrats.

Well done clever lady." It comes as Holly calls in lawyers over the backlash to the queue jump controversy. A source said this week: "She's utterly devastated.

It's been an incredibly tough few days.", Birmingham Live reports. Read more:The latest celebrity news from across Essex Holly said: "It was strictly for reporting on the event for millions not able to visit in person." This Morning previously addressed the visit in a statement posted on Instagram on Saturday, saying: "We asked Phillip and Holly to be part of a film for this Tuesday's programme.

"They did not jump the queue, have VIP access or file past the Queen lying in state - but instead were there in a professional capacity as part of the world's media to report on the event."

Some media and MPs could bypass the queue and access Westminster Hall during the roughly four-day lying in state.

READ NEXT: