Tagged: released

Sex offender released from prison THREE TIMES touched underage girl in church

A registered sex offender from Derbyshire deliberately followed and touched a girl in a church immediately after a service they both attended.
Derby Crown Court heard how Jason McCall had previously been convicted of possessing indecent images of child…

First picture released of man who was killed by a lorry on M58

This is the first picture of Philip Anderson who tragically died after being hit by a lorry[1] on the M58.
Police were called to the scene at around 4.30pm on Friday, to reports a man had been struck by a DAF HGV, near junction 5 at Skelmersdale.
Phili…

Dashcam footage of dangerous drivers released by Highways England

Footage of dangerous drivers taking to the roads while on their phones or even with their feet on the dashboard – including an HGV driver on a motorway – has been released by Highways England.
The images show potentially lethal activity by drivers – in…

Corrie McKeague: images released of four men from night of disappearance

<!–[if IE 9]><![endif]–>




The four men in the entrance to Flex nightclub in Bury St Edmunds on 24 September 2016.
Photograph: Suffolk police/PA

Corrie McKeague: images released of four men from night of disappearance

Police believe group could help them find out what happened to soldier who vanished in Bury St Edmunds last year

New CCTV images have been released of four men believed to have interacted with the missing RAF airman Corrie McKeague on the night he disappeared.

McKeague was last seen in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on 24 September last year[2], entering a bin loading bay known as the Horseshoe at about 3.25am.

<!–[if IE 9]><![endif]–>


Corrie McKeague. Photograph: Suffolk police/PA

Although the four men are not being treated as suspects or key witnesses, police have appealed for all those in the CCTV images to come forward. Officers believe the group might have information that could help police understand what happened to McKeague, 24.

One of the men, seen in the entrance to Flex nightclub, identified himself on Thursday. Suffolk police hope to speak to the other men in due course.

A Suffolk police spokesman said there had been a “brief interaction ending on friendly terms” and that “the group of four knew Corrie and joked with him before they went their separate ways”.

McKeague, from Fife, Scotland, had been “known to sleep in rubbish” while on a night out, according to police.

The movement of McKeague’s phone signal matched that of a bin lorry that picked up rubbish from bins in the Horseshoe loading area. Detectives traced the RAF gunner’s mobile phone signal to Barton Mills, about 14 miles away, shortly after 4am. However, an error in reporting the weight of the truck meant that police initially did not search the landfill.

Police subsequently conducted a 20-week search of the site but found no remains.
[3]

Suffolk constabulary has already spent more than £1m investigating McKeague’s disappearance, with Sunday marking a year since he vanished. This weekend, police will set up a pod on Brentgovel Street in Bury St Edmunds for people to come forward with information.

Katie Elliott, the deputy superintendent, said the search for Corrie remained an active investigation.

‘We have deliberately placed the police pod on Brentgovel Street as we know this is the route Corrie took on that evening,” she said.

“We would appeal directly to the public who were out in Bury St Edmunds exactly 12 months ago on the night he went missing and, maybe a year on, are once again back in the town centre this weekend.”

Nicola Urquhart, McKeague’s mother, responded to the latest information on Facebook, saying that that she will retrace her son’s final steps this weekend in a bid to “jog someone’s memory” and solve the case.

References

  1. ^ UK news (www.theguardian.com)
  2. ^ on 24 September last year (www.theguardian.com)
  3. ^ a 20-week search of the site (www.theguardian.com)

‘Chicago Ripper Crew’ member convicted of Elmhurst murder to be released in September

"Chicago Ripper Crew" member Thomas Kokoraleis, who was convicted of the 1982 murder of Lorraine "Lorry" Ann Borowski in Elmhurst, is to be released from prison on parole on Sept. 29.

Photo provided by Illinois Department of Corrections

“Chicago Ripper Crew” member Thomas Kokoraleis, who was convicted of the 1982 murder of Lorraine “Lorry” Ann Borowski in Elmhurst, is to be released from prison on parole on Sept. 29.

ELMHURST[1] – A member of the “Chicago Ripper Crew,” a group of men suspected of the abductions and ritualistic killings of several women in the early 1980s, is being released from prison in September.

Ripper Crew member Thomas Kokoraleis, convicted of the May 15, 1982, murder of Lorraine “Lorry” Ann Borowski in Elmhurst, is to be released on parole Sept. 29. He will serve three years on mandatory supervised release until his sentence is complete Sept. 30, 2020.

Court documents state Borowski was walking to work at the RE/MAX real estate office at Route 83 and St. Charles Road in Elmhurst the morning of May 15, 1982, when a witness recalled seeing “a physical struggle between a man and a woman taking place immediately next to [a] gray or silver car” at about 8:30 a.m. in the parking lot near the office. Donald Stibbe, Borowski’s employer, reported to Elmhurst police his discovery of shoes and personal effects in front of the RE/MAX office.

Borowski’s remains were discovered Oct. 10, 1982, at the Clarendon Hills Cemetery in Darien, according to court documents. Her left breast was absent, and there was evidence that indicated trauma from an ice pick, documents state. Borowski was 21 at the time of her death.

Kokoraleis was taken into custody by DuPage County Sheriff’s deputies on Nov. 10, 1982, when he was 22 years old, and admitted into Illinois Department of Corrections custody Sept. 13, 1984.

He was sentenced to 70 years in prison for the murder, but he was only required by law to serve 50 percent of the sentence, an Illinois Department of Corrections spokesperson said. The time he served in the DuPage County Jail prior to sentencing counted toward his total time served, the spokesperson said.

He is currently being held at Illinois River Correctional Center in Canton.

The “Ripper Crew” was made up of Kokoraleis, his brother Andrew Kokoraleis, Eddie Spreitzer and Robin Gecht. Andrew Kokoraleis was executed in March 1999, according to media reports at the time. Spreitzer received a death sentence, which was commuted to life in prison by former Gov. George Ryan. Spreitzer is at Stateville Correctional Center in Crest Hill, and he is ineligible for discharge. Gecht is serving time at Menard Correctional Center in Menard, with a projected parole date of Oct. 13, 2042.

Among the men’s string of victims was Linda Sutton, who was abducted and murdered in May 1981 when she was 26 years old, documents state. Media reports at the time of Spreitzer’s trial state the Ripper Crew raped and mutilated Sutton. Her body was found in June 1981 in a field near the Brer Rabbit Motel near Villa Park, documents state.

The DuPage County Victim/Witness Assistance Unit has notified the Borowski family of Kokoraleis’s upcoming release, said Paul Darrah, communications manager for the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s Office.

“The family is not happy about his pending release from prison. We do not think he has served enough time for the heinous crimes he committed. We still miss Lorry every day, and nothing can bring her back to us,” a spokesperson for the family said in an email.

Elmhurst Police Chief Michael Ruth also expressed concerns about Kokoraleis’s release.

“[Kokoraleis] will be roaming our streets again,” Ruth said.

Kokoraleis had lived in Villa Park, according to court documents, but Darrah and the Illinois Department of Corrections spokesperson said they could not confirm where Kokoraleis will be living after his release.

References

  1. ^ ELMHURST (mysuburbanlife.com)

Names of Semi Drivers Involved in Double Fatal on I-70 Released

Names of Semi Drivers Involved in Double Fatal on I-70 ReleasedCopyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Clay County, Ind. – Some of the names have officially been released concerning the double fatal crash on Interstate 70.

That tragic crash took the life of five-year-old and a one-year-old.

Leaving the mother and a three-year-old air lifted to an Indianapolis hospital.
   
Indiana State Police have released the names of the semi-truck drivers.

The truck driver, who failed to yield to slow traffic in a construction zone is 62-year-old Amritpal Singh of Quebec, Canada.

The other semi driver is 57-year-old Russell Sims of Indianapolis.

This accident occurred at the 16 mile marker of I-70 in the westbound lane, just before the Vigo County Line.

Two children, a five-year-old male and a 1-year-old female died at the scene of the accident.

The mother was airlifted to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis with traumatic injuries.

The three-year-old male child airlifted to Riley Children’s Hospital with was is believed to be life-threatening injuries.

It has been released that the family was from the state of Ohio.

Sergeant Joe Watts, with the Indiana State Police, was on the scene.

“The children were pulled from the van. Bystanders were performing CPR, medical first aid when troopers arrived on the scene,” says SGT. Joe Watts. “Troopers were on scene within one minute of this crash. That’s important to note as well. So all the efforts, area fire departments, area EMFS were deployed, air ambulance was on the scene so all the stops were pulled out for this crash.”

Reportedly, one of the semi drivers was also transported to the hospital, with unknown injuries.

We have gotten word that the west bound lanes have re-opened.

Traffic should return to normal very soon.

The names of the children and mother will be released at another time.